Tuesday, January 22, 2008

AAPL's good/bad day

How can one explain the behavior of AAPL investors? It's a mystery. On one hand, investors seems to be imagining the bright future and thus paying a high premium (second only to Google in tech industry); on the other hand, the same group of investors can easily be scared and fled in seconds. I clearly remember same thing happened last year when the first quarter result is announced and a lower-than-expected forecast is made. This time, the magnitude is enlarged by the general market and we saw a share price slide in after-hour trading.

Anyway, I will have a quite sizable paper loss for days/weeks/months to come. It won't change my opinion about AAPL in next 5 years. I do worry about my options, some of which will expire in one year. I may need to convert them to 2-year expiration to cushion for such crazy investor reactions.

To say I wasn't feeling bad is not true. Paper loss is still loss. Yet I'm confident AAPL is on its way still, it will weather through the storm.

No comments: